Hourly range: $xx,xxx-xx,xxx
About Vanna Health
Vanna is reimagining care and community for people living with serious mental illness (SMI).
The current system is failing individuals with SMI, resulting in a high risk of loneliness (2.3x), homelessness (6x), unemployment (30x), incarceration (25x), and reduced life expectancy (by 20 years). Vanna believes that no person is too ill to recover and that the solution is social, not just medical. Our mission is to empower people with SMI to flourish by finding purpose and a sense of belonging in their community.
We are deploying community-based care teams from diverse backgrounds that have a variety of lived experiences and know their communities inside and out. In close collaboration with existing community organizations and healthcare providers, our teams outreach and build trust with individuals to support navigation of each individual’s personalized recovery journey. We are committed to providing individuals with culturally inclusive support for all races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, and other social factors, such as history of incarceration.
Who are we?
Believe anyone can flourish. - Recovery is always possible!
Be Humbitious. - Check ego and be relentless in learning!
Seek the Truth. - Respectful disagreement and lead with curiosity or Let go of being right and be open to everyones voice!
Focus on Impact. - Seek an understanding of your work and the impact of shared goals!
Be a Conscious Leader. - Foster an environment where all team members are included, supported, and held accountable!
Embody Kindness. - Kindness nurtures a sense of compassion, empathy, and respect!
About the Role
Vanna Health is looking for an enthusiastic, well organized, and results-driven Program Assistant to join our growing team. This is an in office role located in Philadelphia with the primary duties of ensuring the office operates smoothly and efficiently by supporting the daily operations of the Community Teams. This role is perfect for someone who wants to support a team solving complex, systemic problems for a recovery-based program in healthcare and believes in the ability to make meaningful change through this support. In this role, you will report directly to the Team Lead.
- Manage the daily operations and office space of the Community Team in Philadelphia
- Greet and assist onsite guests and answer inbound telephone calls in a professional manner
- Triage inbound calls to the appropriate team member, and support coordination of communication between the team, members, and partners
- Organize and coordinate with office vendors to ensure a clean and safe office space
- Coordinate office meetings and events
- Participate in daily staff meetings as directed by the Team Lead
- Support maintenance of team member appointments based on direction from Team Lead
- Prepare weekly schedules for team members based on direction from Team Lead
- Collaborate with teams to understand support needs
- Conduct reminder calls with members on upcoming appointments and events
- Assist and support the training of Community Team staff with the use of electronic systems
- Fleet management (e.g., manage vehicle inspections, cleanliness, damages, vehicle logs)
- Gas and mileage management (e.g., gas card, collecting and organizing gas receipts)
Need to Have
- High-school diploma or GED
- Proficiency in Google Workplace tools (Calendar, Documents), Slack, and willingness to become proficient in new tools
- At least 2+ years of clerical and administrative experience in behavioral health or community health settings
- Highly resourceful team player with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Dedicated to a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional collaboration skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced startup environment
Nice to Have
- Associate or Bachelor degree
- Bilingual in Spanish and English to ensure we are meeting all members in their most comfortable language
Our Promise to You
- You will have a critical seat at the table - one that represents our staff and the members we serve
- You will be valued, respected, and heard - diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging is paramount
- You will be joining a team and community that is passionate about improving the lives of underserved individuals
- Vanna offers competitive compensation and benefits, including the ability to take meetings remotely when appropriate.
Job Type: Full-time, Non-exempt
Schedule: 8 hour shift
Work Location: Community-Based
COVID-19 Considerations and Vaccination Status
Vanna Health is committed to keeping our team members and our members safe from COVID-19 therefore full vaccination is required for all Vanna Health employees. As such we follow local requirements and guidelines for medical professionals in the field.