Community Health Registered Nurse (RN)
Hourly range: $36-46 per hour
About Vanna Health
Vanna is reimagining care and community for people living with serious mental illness (SMI).
The current system is failing individuals with SMI, resulting in a high risk of loneliness (2.3x), homelessness (6x), unemployment (30x), incarceration (25x), and reduced life expectancy (by 20 years). Vanna believes that no person is too ill to recover and that the solution is social, not just medical. Our mission is to empower people with SMI to flourish by finding purpose and a sense of belonging in their community.
We are deploying community-based care teams from diverse backgrounds that have a variety of lived experiences and know their communities inside and out. In close collaboration with existing community organizations and healthcare providers, our teams outreach and build trust with individuals to support the navigation of each individual’s personalized recovery journey. We are committed to providing individuals with culturally inclusive support for all races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, and other social factors, such as history of incarceration.
Who are we?
Believe anyone can flourish. - Recovery is always possible!
Be Humbitious. - Check ego and be relentless in learning!
Seek the Truth. - Respectful disagreement and lead with curiosity or Let go of being right and be open to everyones voice!
Focus on Impact. - Seek an understanding of your work and the impact of shared goals!
Be a Conscious Leader. - Foster an environment where all team members are included, supported, and held accountable!
Embody Kindness. - Kindness nurtures a sense of compassion, empathy, and respect!
About the Role
Vanna Health is seeking an experienced, recovery-focused Registered Nurse (RN) who is passionate about delivering care that addresses all the dimensions of wellbeing. In this role, you will bring your passion for serving people with serious mental illness and delivering community-based care to improve outcomes and quality of care for people in the Philadelphia community.
The RN will be responsible for delivering evidenced-based care in the community in coordination with the full interdisciplinary team. The RN will play a pivotal role in Vanna’s interdisciplinary team of Team Leads, Coaches, Member Navigators, Psychiatrists, and others by supporting assessments and medication management of all patients. In collaboration with consulting specialists and Vanna’s Psychiatrist, you will proactively manage common medical conditions associated with preventable medical hospitalizations such as hypertension, diabetes, COPD/asthma, and heart failure. Vanna will primarily be responsible for addressing the first-line needs for medical conditions, as Vanna will collaborate closely with PCPs and local specialists. The RN will also provide vital education and cross training to the team.
Vanna RNs will help develop an innovative, recovery based program, and we deeply value the insight that you will bring to the team.
- Conduct physical health assessments for members and assist with acute and chronic medical and mental health conditions
- Promote care coordination and communication with healthcare systems
- Delivery of clinical care in the community, including member homes inclusive of administering long-acting antipsychotic medications
- Create treatment plans in conjunction with the team psychiatrist, internist and clinical partners, and provide ongoing care management and revisions of individualized treatment plans over time
- Communicate and coordinate services with the clinical partner providers when additional outpatient or inpatient care is necessary, including accompanying the member to additional appointments
- Adhere to documentation protocols related to medication reconciliation, member appointments, treatment plans, coordination with external providers, and other protocols related to responsibilities
- Educate other interdisciplinary team members to ensure they can accurately and safely monitor psychiatric symptoms, medication side effects, and physical health needs
- Develop behavior change and education programming for members to maximize appropriate medication adherence and healthy behaviors
- Participate in recovery plan creation
- Provide feedback to Vanna technology and operations teams on existing processes and suggest improvements over time
- Facilitate classes and trainings that promote the health and wellbeing of members
- Documentation to promote communication and coordination with both internal and external stakeholders
Need to Haves
- Minimum of 1 year working with adults with serious and persistent mental illness and substance use disorders in either inpatient, outpatient, home health, or community-based settings
- Experience working in and around the community of Philadelphia
- Belief that individuals suffering from serious mental illnesses can and will recover to achieve life goals when provided the opportunity, support, and community
- Are able to work in a team
- Are willing to learn how to work with Google, Slack, and Vanna EHR tools
- Basic computer and phone skills
- A valid driver’s license
Education and License Requirements
- Completed an Associate Degree in Nursing is required.
- Unencumbered registered nurse (RN) license in the state of Pennsylvania.
Nice to Haves
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree in nursing.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English to ensure we are meeting all members in their most comfortable language
- Training as a medical nurse or working as a nurse in inpatient or outpatient medical settings
Our Promise to You
- You will have a critical seat at the table - one that represents our staff and the members we serve
- You will be valued, respected, and heard - diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging is paramount
- You will be joining a team and community that is passionate about improving the lives of underserved individuals
- You will have career advancement opportunities
- Vanna offers competitive compensation and benefits, including the ability to take meetings remotely when appropriate.
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time
Work Location: Community based
COVID-19 Considerations and Vaccination Status
Vanna Health is committed to keeping our team members and our members safe from COVID-19 therefore full vaccination is required for all Vanna Health employees. As such we follow local requirements and guidelines for medical professionals in the field and our members safe from COVID-19.