Medical Assistant - Remote
At Blackbird Health our commitment is to provide precision care, with powerful outcomes for children, adolescents and young adults struggling with social developmental and school related challenges. We believe that our youth deserve the very best care, not only for their physical health, but also their mental health. Through an integrated community-centered care approach, our skilled clinical team delivers exceptional virtual and in-person care across a wide range of specialties. If you're excited to work for a mission driven company that values compassion, dedication and the holistic approach to care, Blackbird Health is a great place to advance your career.
Under the direction of the Medical Assistant Manager, the Medical Assistant will support our clinical team for success. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, organized and detail-oriented with an ability to multitask while working in a team-oriented clinical environment. The ideal candidate will enjoy engaging with patients and their families. The Medical Assistant follows standard operating procedures that support achieving overall improved outcomes, improved patient experiences and an improved clinician experience.
WHY WORK WITH US:
- Remote opportunity
- Comprehensive benefits package; medical and dental coverage is available day 1 of employment
- 401k(with a company match)
- Paid time off
- Employer paid life insurance coverage.
- Clinician-led leadership team
- Explore your career advancement potential by receiving opportunities to grow with tenure
- Supportive work culture
- Blackbird Health is made up of intelligent, humble, compassionate and hardworking people. Joining the ranks means you'll have an automatic network to turn to for best practices, professional development, and opportunities to share your expertise
- Assist with diagnosis letters, return to school/work forms and other medical forms.
- Assist with medication follow-up as directed by the RN or CRNP (examples of assistance include; communicating with a pharmacy to discuss patient medication or assisting with locating medication).
- Download documents from required sites to gather patient information to be shared with the care team/providers (Genomind, Mindprint, Invitae, Lab sites).
- Assist with prior authorizations: communicate with pharmacy regarding patient medications. Gather information needed to do PA either verbally or with Cover My Meds.
- Assist in managing the incoming faxes/emails, and filtering information to the proper clinician, chart and follow-up.
- Gather proper documents, respond to emails, and execute calls as a follow-up to patient appointments.
- Use templates to create and place documentation in patient charts following appointments.
- Download and place required documents in charts and forward to providers as directed.
- Schedule appointments as directed by CRNP, RN, or MA Manager.
- Attend all meetings as directed.
- Performs other functions, as required, to ensure smooth operation of the medical department.
- Certified Medical Assistant preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in a CMA role preferred (not required).
- Dedication to maintaining confidentiality of all patient records.
- Computer skills; Windows, EMR software, Microsoft, Excel, Google docs, Google Meet and Zoom.
- Ability to multitask and focus with multiple interruptions.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with patients, provider partners and colleagues.
- Open to professional and clinical feedback and interested in working in a supporting and collegial clinical environment.
- Flexibility to adjust to a dynamic work environment.
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
FOSTERING AN INCLUSIVE ENVIRONMENT:
Blackbird is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and belonging. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. Blackbird provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.