Clinic Operations Lead
At Blackbird Health, our commitment is to provide precision care with powerful outcomes for children, adolescents, and young adults struggling with social developmental and school-related challenges. We believe that our youth deserve the very best care, not only for their physical health but also their mental health. Through an integrated community-centered care approach, our skilled clinical team delivers exceptional virtual and in-person care across a wide range of specialties. If you're excited to work for a mission-driven company that values compassion, dedication, and a holistic approach to care, Blackbird Health is a great place to advance your career.
Under the direction of the VP, Clinical Operations, the Clinic Operations Lead serves as the lead to ensure the successful launch of a new market by identifying, coordinating, and managing the completion of implementation activities across multiple work streams. The Clinic Operations Lead is seen as a trusted developer and keeper of project plans, playbooks, and any other tools required for the successful launch of new markets, incorporating learnings from previous experiences.
WHY WORK WITH US:
- Hybrid work model
- Comprehensive benefits package; medical, dental, and vision coverage available on day 1 of employment
- Paid time off
- 401k with a company match
- Employer-paid life insurance coverage.
- Explore your career advancement potential by receiving opportunities to grow with tenure
- Supportive work culture
- Blackbird Health is made up of intelligent, humble, compassionate and hardworking people. Joining the ranks means you'll have an automatic network to turn to for best practices, professional development, and opportunities to share your expertise
The Clinic Operations Lead role spans pre-launch, launch (4 weeks after launch date) and post-launch (1+ months after launch date) activities in support of meeting or exceeding new market targets set by the Blackbird Executive Leadership team.
- Identify all necessary actions, activities, and tasks across all workstreams, including but not limited to: finance and budgets, location and space, hiring and onboarding, licensing and credentialing, intake and scheduling, insurance contracts and billing, care delivery and documentation, marketing and sales, office setup and ongoing management.
- Organize and track status and completion of all identified actions, identifying cross-workstream dependencies to ensure established timelines are met.
- Delivery clear and effective verbal and written communication to various audiences including executive leadership, clinical leadership, and support team staff.
- Develop best-in-class playbooks, operating plans, tracking and training tools, communication materials, and any other materials that are required in support of a successful pre-launch, launch, and post-launch.
- Develop office style guides that clearly define and communicate the look and feel of a “Blackbird” office space including detailed specs on furnishings, placement, signage, etc. across all vendors with specific ordering instructions.
- Coordinate all deliveries and office setup activities with clear and proactive communication to ensure receipt of deliveries according to building management rules and regulations.
- Develop and implement separate playbook and training materials on patient outreach protocols, including but not limited to outreach, intake, scheduling, insurance verification, follow-up, etc.
- Ensure all agreed-upon services are available on Day 1 and provider schedules are defined and updated in EHR.
- Be onsite daily for the first month after launch and a minimum of 1 day a week thereafter
- Establish and run daily standup to ensure any issues are identified and resolved quickly
- Ensure all intake, scheduling, and clinical delivery standards are met, including conversion rates, new patient appointments, cancellation rates, etc.
- Ensure ongoing office needs are addressed - e.g., office supplies, cleaning, maintenance issues, etc.
- Manage office access across existing and new employees to ensure there are no entry issues for providers or patients.
- Manage process for training and support of new support staff - e.g., Patient Support Specialist, Market Liaison, etc.
- Update playbooks and all other tools on an ongoing basis to reflect current information, lessons learned, etc.
- Ensure all office operations are in place to support meeting or exceeding new market growth targets.
- Support the development of reporting tools to monitor standards and new market growth metrics.
- Ongoing support and maintenance of clinic space
- Develop an overall assessment of the new market against established targets with a clear quantitative grading system to identify where we met, exceeded, or did not meet targets.
- Present overall assessment to the executive leadership team for feedback and approval of changes.
- Revision and publication of New Market playbooks and launch management tools that reflect prior experiences and learnings.
- Formal recommendations (Google Slides presentation format) for changes to the new market implementation process - including rationale, resource estimates (if applicable), return on investment, etc.
- Systematize reports and tools for use in the next new market with clear instructions (embedded with playbook)
- Establish and attend necessary meetings throughout the process to ensure high-quality delivery of identified actions and deliverables.
- Independently problem-solve and organize time to consistently achieve productivity and quality standards for the role, yet know when to escalate issues to ensure timely resolution.
- Demonstrate executive presence but understanding your audience and tailoring your communications accordingly.
- Establish a culture of process improvement by creating and executing against a structured framework to ensure stability across the team in times of change.
- Demonstrate accountability to complete all agreed-upon tasks on time and with the highest quality as an example to the team.
- Bachelor's degree
- Project Management certification would be preferred but not required.
- Experience launching and maintaining clinics or similar physical spaces
- Proficient with Google Slides, Sheets, and Docs or the MS Office Package
- This role requires travel to our current clinic in Jenkintown, PA, and future locations in West Chester and Newtown (exact addresses TBD). Your presence at these sites is essential for operational needs and to fulfill the responsibilities outlined in the job description.
- Process improvement experience
- Project or Program management experience
- Telephonic outreach experience
- Customer service experience
- Passion for helping others
- Works efficiently and is able to maintain the daily/monthly volume of work consistently
- Ability to connect with and engage people from diverse backgrounds, experiences, cultures
- Genuine, empathic listening skills
- Eagerness to work in an environment that values ongoing learning and growth
- Excellent time management, strong self-organization, confidence, and independence
- Excitement to work in a growing, mission-driven organization
- Flexibility to adjust to a dynamic work environment.
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
*The target range for this position is $70,000 - $80,000. Individual pay may vary from the target range and is determined by a number of factors, including experience, location, internal pay equity, and other relevant business considerations.
FOSTERING AN INCLUSIVE ENVIRONMENT:
Blackbird is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and belonging. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. Blackbird provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.