Resident Licensed Social Worker - Hybrid in Allentown PA
We are thrilled to announce the launch of our prestigious Residency Program designed to nurture and empower the next generation of Mental Health professionals!
At Blackbird Health, our commitment is to provide precision care, with powerful outcomes for children, adolescents, and young adults struggling with social developmental and school-related challenges. We believe that our youth deserve the very best care, not only for their physical health but also their mental health. Our skilled clinical team delivers exceptional virtual and in-person care across a wide range of specialties through an integrated community-centered care approach. If you're excited to work for a mission-driven company that values compassion, dedication, and a holistic approach to care, Blackbird Health is a great place to advance your career.
Under the direction of the Director of Behavioral Health Residency, the Resident Licensed Social Worker, will function as a key member of our care team. The resident will efficiently and accurately provide patient assessments and psychotherapy. Through partnership with our clinical team, the resident determines and creates appropriate treatment plans and provides patient education and interventions for new and existing Blackbird patients. In addition to providing excellent patient care, you will be allowed to participate in additional educational opportunities and clinical supervision toward clinical licensure and grow as a provider within our integrated practice.
WHY JOIN OUR RESIDENCY PROGRAM:
- Hands-on Experience: Immerse yourself in real-world experiences, gaining practical skills that will set you apart in the Mental Health landscape.
- Mentorship: Benefit from personalized mentorship by seasoned clinical experts who are committed to helping you succeed.
- Innovation Hub: Work in a dynamic and collaborative environment, where creativity and innovation thrive.
- Professional Development: Access a tailored curriculum and workshops to continuously enhance your skill set and stay ahead of industry trends.
- Hybrid work model.
- Comprehensive benefits package; medical and dental coverage is available on day 1 of employment.
- 401k (with a company match).
- Employer-paid life insurance coverage.
- Paid Time Off.
- Clinical supervision towards clinical licensure; group and individual.
- Clinician-led leadership team.
- Full credentialing service provided - we will take care of everything.
- Weekly clinical consultations: this is paid time for all providers.
- Explore your career advancement potential by receiving opportunities to grow with tenure.
- Supportive work culture.
- Blackbird Health comprises intelligent, humble, compassionate, and hardworking people. Joining the ranks means you'll have an automatic network to turn to for best practices, professional development, and opportunities to share your expertise.
- Perform physical exams and patient observations capturing patient’s medical history and symptoms.
- Create integrated treatment plans and contribute to existing plans which may include prescribing medicines and other treatments.
- Order, administer and analyze diagnostic tests including digital and lab results.
- Provides patient education regarding medications, risks, benefits and reasonable outcome expectations.
- Attend and participate in weekly team and supervisor clinical meetings.
- Diagnose health issues including detecting changes in patient’s health and modifying treatment plans, as needed.
- Partner with administrative team to handle refills, prior authorizations, records and rescheduling.
- Partner with patients and their families to manage and prevent illness and injury.
- Communicate and engage with other healthcare professionals and families when appropriate.
- Conduct ongoing assessments of patient progress.
- Refer patients to outside specialists or agencies when necessary.
- Maintain thorough records of patient meetings and progress.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations.
- Performs other clinical related activities as assigned.
- Master’s of Social Work Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Active LSW Licensure in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Flexibility to work a hybrid schedule; 2-3 days a week working onsite at our Allentown or Jenkintown location, your remaining time will be remote.
- Once having successfully completed requirements of the behavior health residency program (2 years or with the completion of licensing LSW→LCSW), participants will be a member of the Blackbird Clinical Services team for an additional 2 years post residency.
- Knowledge of computer based data management programs, information systems, as well as medical records and point-of-interview technology
- Schedule flexibility to work some evenings and weekends.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with patients, provider partners and colleagues.
- Open to professional and clinical feedback and interested in working in a supporting and collegial clinical environment.
- Flexibility to adjust to a dynamic work environment.
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
FOSTERING AN INCLUSIVE ENVIRONMENT:
Blackbird is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and belonging. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. Blackbird provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.